Friday, November 14, 2014

Dreams for Noah


I'm writing this from Noah's bedside. He's asleep on my chest, smiling a little in his slumber.  I wonder if he dreams and if so, what those dreams are filled with.  

I have so many dreams for him. Big dreams of a healthy life, a long life, one filled with typical life things and stuff.  Days of wonder and lazy afternoons.  Dreams of falling in love, first days of school and sleeping through the night.  Hopefully not in that order. 

I dream of holding hands as we walk to the park.  Of yelling up the stairs for him and his sister to "hurry it up or we'll be late".

For normal things. Stuff. 

I dream of him running around with his many cousins.  Being best friends with them. Getting in trouble and discovering new worlds together. 

There's always this fear that lingers.  The what-ifs. But my dreams are bigger than my fear. My God is good and merciful and His plan is bigger than my fears.

I dream of dancing together at his wedding.  Of he and Greg playing catch together.  Of crawling into his big boy bed with him to read stories and snuggle.

We are the lucky ones. We are so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment