Wednesday, November 12, 2014

When I Leave the Room

For everyone out there who struggles leaving their child in the NICU, heading home without them.  It's awful and it's so very hard.  It doesn't get easier, it just gets different. 

I ugly cried listening to this song and reading the lyrics as it played.  When it came to "ask the angel armies to stand by" I lost it.  Absolutely lost it.  Sitting on our couch, sobs wracking my body.   The feeling of despair, knowing you have to leave your child, feeling as though you can't protect them and keep them safe in your arms.  It's only temporary.  

My friend Sarah, one of the STRONGEST mommas I know, shared this with me.  She emailed it to me weeks ago and today I was finally able to listen.  The Lord shows Himself in both large and tiny ways throughout our lives.  This was exactly what I needed, when I needed it. 


When I Leave the Room | Natalie Grant

There's nothing more that I can do
But just fall more in love with you
And ask the angel armies to stand by
When I leave the room

I'm gonna fail you
I already have
Ten thousand times
I will fall down flat

You'll have a seat in the front row
Of everything I don't know
And all I'm trying to be
You'll see

Good night
There will be storms that we come through
In time
We will slay dragons me and you

I'll always wanna hold you tight
Keep you safe with all my might
So I will leave Jesus next to you
When I leave the room

No comments:

Post a Comment