Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Baby Steps

I woke up this morning and for the first time in 6 days, I did not cry!  When first waking up this last week, reality hits and before my brain can even process that I'm awake, my body seems to respond on its own and I've woken up basically sobbing, sometimes with anxiety and fear.

Today I woke up, my normal time (5:30 for those night owls) and not one tear.  I got up to go to the bathroom, laid down and was able to lie still in the darkness without the emotional flood forcing it's way out of me. 

That's a small victory today.  It starts my day off in a way that shows me I'm strong enough to do this. 

I know it must feel silly to those who have never been on bedrest.  Like I'm making a big deal out of something that should be easy.  This is the most terrifying and awful thing Greg and I have ever been through, without a doubt.   We are strong enough and we have our family, faith and love to get through it.  Noah is worth this and so much more.   But it's crazy hard. 

This morning is a victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment