Saturday, September 27, 2014

New Digs

I'm officially in my new digs!

I'm at Aurora Sinai in Milwaukee, Labor and Delivery, Room 237.

This is my home for hopefully the next 5 weeks (possibly more if I'm here for the NICU stay).

We are 27 weeks today!!!  Per the NICU Doctor, he has a real fighting chance if he comes now for survival.  He will be on breathing and feeding tubes but I will be able to breastfeed (pump) and stay with him for Kangaroo care.  He will most likely be in the NICU until around when he would have been 40 weeks. 

The steroids and magnesium have decreased his odds of cerebral palsy and brain bleeds, our biggest risks. 

Keep those prayers coming, we need this little guy to stay put until 31 weeks for sure!  4 more to go! (Which reminds me, anyone have a calendar I can use? If like to check off days)

You guys are amazing. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment