Friday, September 26, 2014

Is there such thing as a normal pregnancy?



Our daughter Grace was conceived 100% by chance and God's planning. About 7 months prior to our wedding, I started taking Lupron injections for my Endometriosis.  Lupron puts you into a fake menopause and allows your body to heal and stops lesions from growing on your uterus.  Shortly after, I took Provera to start my period and Clomid to ovulate.


We weren't trying but we certainly held no illusions that I could even GET pregnant.  A month after we were married, I found out I was 1 month pregnant.   We were both terrified and over the moon.   Grace is an amazing ball of fascination and wonder, kindness and compassion, sass and spunk, all rolled into a tiny little 2 1/2 year old body.



She was born in the middle of a blizzard at 38 weeks.   She was IUGR but just barely.  She came out 5 pounds, 9 ounces and has surpassed all milestones.   She's amazing and just an absolute joy in our lives.  


My pregnancy was very eventful.  I had Hyperemesis Gradivarium which is a severe, life-threatening form of morning sickness.   I spent a lot of time hooked up to IVs, getting fluids.  I ate an awful lot, but nothing really stayed put for months.  By the time it let up, I developed Preeclampsia, where my blood pressure skyrocketed, I swelled up like a balloon and my placenta started to revolt against me.  I didn't know any better, being my first pregnancy, so I was just kind of along for the ride.   We got a healthy baby out of it, so that was amazing. :)   And worth every ER trip and then some. 

When we found out we were pregnant with Noah, I was really worried we would have a repeat pregnancy, but at least we knew what to expect.   What we got was much different than we'd bargained for.  I'll tell you that story shortly, I'm headed off to bed for the night.  It's a wild ride, but it's an incredible journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment