Monday, September 29, 2014

Thankfulness

To keep my focused, I'm trying to constantly remind myself of all of the things I'm thankful for.

Tonight, I got to Skype with Greg and Grace and just being able to 'be' there was amazing.   Grace is really good at Skyping since we do it with Greg when he travels for work.   I was able to get virtual kisses and snuggles as well as act silly and just have FUN together.   It really felt like I was right there with them for a minute.   I even got to talk to Max the cat.  I miss them so much but this made it almost okay.   And it was nice to talk to Greg face to face without one of us having to make sure Grace wasn't getting into something she shouldn't, like my IV line or playing with my bed.  :)   She was there, in our home, where she is comfy and calm.   AND, all the parents out there will appreciate this, she'll get to bed on time tonight with her normal routine.   Did I mention I got to stare at my husband for a minute?  :)   God, I love that man.  

I'm extremely thankful for Skype.

I'm also thankful for the nurse I had today - Cindy - who made it a point to touch my shoulder or brush the hair from my face.   What a difference those small touches made this morning.   Nurses are a special kind of angel, especially those who take care of you physically, emotionally and mentally.  

I'm thankful for my church family, who I was able to chat with today through a Facebook group we are part of.   They offered love, support and some daily bread.    I know I'll lean on them over the next few months for spiritual support and they're a strong group of women with open hearts and wide open arms.  

I'm thankful for Liz and the awesome Kopps lunch she brought, with a milk shake! And her company.  I felt so centered when she left and almost NORMAL for a minute.  I really felt like me again.

And of course, I'm most thankful that Noah is still an inside baby.  Grow little man, grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment