Tuesday, October 7, 2014

40 Days and 40 Nights

Greg and I picked an arbitrary number out of the sky - 40 days.  That I would be in the hospital for at least 40 days.  It helps us stay focused on the long run.  We say "we've made it x out of 40, only x left".  We don't know the real end date.  But it helps.

Every day I get to cross off a day on the calendar Greg made me and tear off a loop from the chain Sarah and Colton made.  I absolutely love these gifts. I love tearing and crossing days off.  And it keeps me going on mornings like this where I didn't sleep last night and I'm just not ready to face the day.  Day 11.  We've made it 12 days.   

It didn't hit me until yesterday that 40 days and 40 nights is how long Noah fought the floods.  It must have been something my subconscious was rolling around and processing.  A way of affirming that we are fighting the good fight and following the right course.   We will find grace in all of this and our spirits will stay strengthened.  

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment