Sunday, October 12, 2014

Weekly Bed Rest Check-In

On my birth month board on TheBump.com, we do a weekly check-in for those on bedrest.   Here's mine from this week.  :)

Why are you on bed rest? (AKA, What are you in for?)
Placental Insufficiency, resulting in Severe IUGR due to absent cord blood flow.

Hospital or Home?  Hospital 

How long have you been on bed rest? 
18 days and counting!     

How far along are you?  
29 weeks and 1 day today, WAHOO!!!   We've made it this far, 34 weeks isn't far away!

What's your biggest struggle?
Not waking up next to my husband.   Feeling helpless that I can't get Noah's room ready.   Feeling like even though I'm doing the most important job right now, I can't prep for him to come home.  I can't look through preemie clothes to see what we need.  I can't pick up extra diapers at Target.  I can't do much of anything other than keep him alive and inside.  And even that is really out of my control.   Thank God my husband is amazing and has gotten his room ready and done a lot.   But I want to do it WITH HIM.   And I miss my daughter so much it hurts, my chest hurts from aching to snuggle with her and kiss her head.  To hear her laugh or listen to her amazing stories.  She's grown up so much in the last 18 days, grown taller, gotten better at story telling, she got a hair cut in the salon that I missed out on.   

What is something awesome that happened to you this week? 
Well... there's a small chance they may send me home tomorrow.  I might beg for it too.  I find out tomorrow afternoon.  I also learned how to crochet and have been trying to make a hat.  Only I did it backwards, so I have to start over. LOL 

Anything else you want to chat about?  Ask about?  
I love hearing your stories.  They keep me going.   Keep me positive!  

No comments:

Post a Comment