Monday, October 20, 2014

Deliver - Nope - Yep - Maybe?

Today has been a WILD RIDE. 

Our ultrasound this morning showed reverse diastolic flow.  Coupled with the decelerations we're seeing on the non-stress tests mean that Noah just about made his big debut today.   We're holding off but at this point, he will probably be here in the next few days.  

They restricted me to bed, on the monitors 24/7.  I was able to eat and take a shower, but it sounds like that was the last one I'll have for a while.   

So now we wait.   My emotions have run from absolute fear to relief to anxiety to calm peace.  I know that God's plan is a good plan and that whatever He has planned for us is true and just.   That keeps me going through the fear and uncertainty.  



This is how my Facebook updates read:

I hope this is another false alarm! We have reverse flow on the ultrasound today. Was told by the nurse we are looking at delivery today. Nothing to eat or drink. Greg's on his way, waiting on the Dr to come in with the final call. Scared but praying! Please be okay, baby Noah!!!!!
Thank you Katie Jensen for letting me sob it out and calming me down. I'm more focused now and ready to take on whatever this brings.
Pray for God's plan please. For a healthy baby, an easy delivery and most of all, that this is just a false alarm!!!!! (I'm still in shock/denial)
My spirits are lifted, my heart is filled with hope. We've got this, no matter what it brings. Please keep those prayers and good vibes coming!!

Then:
Looking at 4:30 delivery at this point unless things change. Had a few big decelerations. Waiting for the MFM team to make the final call shortly.
Then: 
Getting steroid shots, but holding off on delivery. Able to take a quick shower and eat. Constant monitoring and it sounds like Noah won't be an inside baby very much longer, but delivery is NOT scheduled for this afternoon unless he takes a turn for the worse. So glad we can hold off, even if it's only for a few hours. Prayers are working!!

Then: 

Since he's under 32 weeks, they're trying to get as much inside time as they can. Hoping that my eating will perk him up. We are hour by hour right now. I'm on the monitors non-stop. They let me shower, I begged, but that's the only time I'm allowed to be off. He could take a turn for the worse at any time right now due to the reverse cord blood flow.  I don't know how in 4 short weeks I forgot how much that steroid shot hurt! Yowzers!



Greg's parents are on their way up with Grace and we're going to eat a big old meal of Sobelman's.   Greg is touring the NICU right now (I am not allowed off the monitors that long, per my MFM) and I'm anxiously awaiting his report.   We joked about Skyping it but that probably violates a million HIPAA laws.  ;)

So now we wait.

Mister Noah, we are anxious to meet you and while we would love for you to cook a little longer, we know that God's plan is a good plan and that you will be taken care of.  We can't wait to hit the ground running as your parents.   And Gracie is certainly excited to show you her room and tell you all about the fun things she has planned for you two.   We love you so much already but cannot wait to fall in love with you and get to know you as an outside baby.  I'm not ready to share you with everyone just yet, but we know we are not in charge.   Be good to your momma, please.  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment