Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hello, world. It's me, Noah!


Introducing our little miracle baby, Noah Alexander Mauldin. He was born Tuesday morning, October 21st at 6:40 am,  weighing in at 1 pound, 10 ounces, 13.25" long via cesarean section.  

On Monday, my BPP scan showed reverse flow and over the next 12-18 hours, Noah's heart rate fluctuated to the point where it was safer for him to be on the outside rather than stay put.   It was 1:30 am and suddenly the room was filled with nurses and Drs telling us that we would be delivering at 6am that day.   I was given additional steroid injections, started on magnesium sulfate and told to rest.  (yeah right!)   We were both scared out of our minds and anxious to finally meet Noah.  

He came out with strong cries and is, with the help of a CPAP machine, breathing room air. He's got a long road ahead of him, but he's fighting like a champ. My recovery is going well, painful but well. And I'VE ALREADY PUMPED THREE TIMES! I'm getting 10ml each side, every 2-3 hours and I can feel my milk starting to come in!!!  This alone is a huge milestone, since being 10 weeks early, my body almost has no idea that it just gave birth, other than being battered and bruised.   
We are so madly in love with Noah, it's crazy. So madly in love.  I could not understand how I'd ever love another child as much as I love Grace.   And suddenly, this little man, who we barely know, comes into our lives and we are head over heels in love with him.  He's perfect, spunky and most of all, a huge blessing.   The perfect addition to our family and we are so thankful he chose us. 

Thank you all for your support and love and prayers. You guys. You're amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment